Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happiness, Worries, Challenge and a Freebie!

Hi Everyone, Vanessa here (now that's something new... I know). Well, I was looking at Vivie's post of Memoir on the blog and thinking about how I need really badly to scrap what I've been feeling recently. I'm out of babies... My older girl will be off to Kindergarten in a couple of weeks and my little baby is starting pre-school. There has been so many mixed emotions about my children growing up I find it hard to explain. On one hand I'm really excited about Alissa going to grade K... she is going to a great school, right across the street that focus on environmental / energy conserve teachings (it's a public "green" school) and I know she will have so much fun there. I'm excited about her making new friends and learning new things. On the other hand, MAAAAN this is when you start losing control of what she sees, what she hears, what she learns... and that worries me. No, I'm not overprotective, and I do want them to see the world from different eyes than mine, but this is SOOOO mush easier in theory than practice hehehe.
And then, there is Maya... she is my baby and to think that she will be spending hours away from me just seems so crazy LOL.
So that's it, am I crazy? Do any of you feel/felt that way about their kids going to school, especially Kindergarten? Tell me I'm not alone pleeeeeease hehehe


freebie download
password: journal

Alright, but enough of me (sort of)... What I wanted to do was a journaling challenge. We made up a couple of word prompts for you guys and would like you to use it on a layout where you talk about things that you had to, will have to, had a hard time in or had a great time in LETTING GO. This can be as serious or as fun as you want it to be. Just make sure to spill your heart out and journal away.

I will be back later with my own layout.
And as always, everyone who participates on the challenge gets a little something ;)

Hugs!
Vanessa

6 comments:

Eryn said...

great challenge! And hugs Vanessa! I was okay with my older children going to school, but I'm sure it will be a different story when my baby reaches that age!

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 28 Jul [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 29 Jul [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Pattycakes said...

Thank you!! :)

Haruthai said...

What a fun challenge! I totally get you about kids leaving to school for the first time. But now that my son is a little older (he's in grade one right now) I kinda look forward to when he's off to school 'cos that means it's "Me" time! By the way, Maya is also the name I've chosen for my daughter if I'm going to have one. :-)

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 5 post on Jul. 30, 2009. Thanks again.

stamprgrl said...

this is gorgeous THANKS!

-- dalis