Thursday, December 10, 2009

Level 2 Ultrasound, Mothers and (S)heroes!

Hi everyone,

So yesterday I went for my first Level 2 ultrasound (yeah, with twins you have to have one every month from here on). It was amazing... just seeing all the body parts, all the organs, their feet, arms, hands... really, really cool. Of course the image still looks like any old ultrasound and I couldn't make out half of it, but the technician was really cool and explained it all. For those who didn't know yet, we are not finding out the sex of the babies. It's just one of those things for me. I wanna keep it a surprise. I did with both of the girls and want to do it again, but man am I CURIOUS this time! The technician said she could tell, which just added to my curiosity, but I'm glad I kept strong and left there without knowing lol.

The actual ultrasound took 1 1/2 hours, no joke. They looked at every single organ and bone of each baby. Everything is perfect with them and I couldn't be happier.

While thinking about the joy of having my girls and now the two of them in my life I got to thinking of my mom and what a strong woman she is. She is coming next week from Brazil and will stay with us for about 2 months to help out with the remodeling of the house, etc. This is one incredible woman. Her own mom passed away when she was only 3 years old, she was raised by a drunkard and abusive father and a very mean stepmother (the kind you see in fairy tales). As an adult, she managed to raise my brother and myself pretty much on her own (my dad is a wonderful man but he was never really a strong presence in our lives until we were older), while building a successful business for herself. In any case, she is my hero, no doubt. And I hope I can be for my girls and the babies all she was for me.

Now... to the new release (actually a re-release) of (S)heroes now at The Digi Chick. As well as (S)heroes-Wordart. Appropriate enough for this time in my life and perfect for letting all the amazing women in your lives know how great they are. Being them a mother, a grandmother, friend, sister, daughter... I really believe that this kit would make wonderful layouts/projects for them this holiday season ;). So those of you who have it already get your mojo and and get scrappin' and for those of you who don't... it's 20% off today and tomorrow at the store ;)

So here it is (S)heroes.




and finally two layouts I've made with it, which you might have already seen, but I want to show off again since they are about my mom and my daughters... the most important women in my life.

Journaling reads: Grandma, I never met you. This is the only picture I've ever seen of you. My mother didn't get to know you very well either. She was so little when you left her life, only 3 years old. But I wanted you to know, from wherever you are, that your daughter turned out to be an amazing woman and an incredible mother. I like to think she has gotten her big heart and courage from you.

And here are my girls and I ;)


Love and hugs.
-Vanessa

6 comments:

nie said...

Oh reading this it makes me excited for you and your twins!!! Hope the pregnancy goes well :)

Heather T. said...

I am SO SO THRILLED for you--and that was a lovely story to read, too. Best wishes for remodeling, good visits with Mom, and a smooth rest of the pregnancy! Do you know if they're fraternal or identical twins yet?

sunnie2004 said...

Wahoo!! Woman you lucky lady!! Mum coming and all that good stuff is just a blessing!! I am so happy for you when you showing us pics of the twins? Did they offer them yet?

LuvfromIndia said...

wow vanessa...so nice to know about the twins! and your mom too.. moms are great and i am sure you are a great mom too. Take good care and warm regards to your mom all the way from India. missing scrapping a lot btw.
hugs
rhoda

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

Look how much the daughter on Vanessa's left looks like her great grandmother. How wonderful.