Friday, March 12, 2010

GSO!!! mini hybrid tutorial and coupon!

Whohoooo! We got some GSO's over at DST. Take a look at these gorgeous layouts:



From Networka




From Tinci (WOW!!!)





From Carly (you GO, girl!!!)






So, you wanna know what I've been doing lately? Well, you know I used to do a lot of papercrafting and stopped doing it cause of DigiScrapping! So, I'm into hybrid now (how can I not be when I'm at the DigiChicks all the time!). Those girls at the DigiChicks are really hard to resist! They lure you in and then, that's it. Your stuck!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL


Here is the little box I did up for St. Patrick's day...such a cute gift idea...fill it up with some chocolates and it's done!





This box uses Kelleigh Ratzlaff’s Hexagon Box Template (http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/product.php?productid=19728) available at the DigiChick. I used the large template. You can use her patterns in any program since it comes with png files. In my case, I use Photoshop so I opened up the psd template. I also used Nancy Rowe Janitz’ Ole Ireland Mini Kit from ScrapArtist (http://www.scrapartist.com/shoppe/product.php?productid=1126&cat=0&page=1). I selected the two papers I wanted to use, the stripe green one and the shamrocks’ one.

I wanted the stripes to go vertically on the box bottom, so duplicate the bottom layer 3times and “cut” the paper and duplicate it 3 times. Then you can position the paper vertically on each side and clip them to the template. Then cut the shamrocks paper and clip it to the box top. Kelleigh’s templates have score lines marked on them. Make note of where they are and delete these.




Save as a jpg and print onto matte photo paper (it’s thicker than normal copy paper). If you wish to have a sturdier box, print on normal copy paper and glue it to cardboard. Cut the box out. Score the fold lines by using a knife and ruler. I don’t put a lot of pressure on the knife as I’m only scoring the paper to help it when I’m folding. It should just be a slight score. Use your preferred adhesive to form the box. If necessary, paperclip the glued areas so it will stay together. You can remove the paperclips later when the glue is dry. I made the shamrock on top by using the shamrock in the kit as a pattern and cutting it out of green paper. I put some glue on top and sprinkled clear and white glitter and then inserted a brad. I tied a green ribbon around the box and used the brad to affix the shamrock on top! Easy peasy!

So, here is an out of the blue coupon for you for this week only!!! It's for $2 off a $5 order...

code: ViVaBlogFun
expires: Wed March 17
$2 off $5 order

4 comments:

sunnie2004 said...

Craft and so cool!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Tutorials category today [13 Mar 10:54am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

JaneAgain said...

This is really cool. I might even get brave and try this with my daughter.

太可怕 said...

TAHNKS FOR YOUR SHARING~~~VERY NICE ........................................