Friday, May 28, 2010

Defend Yourself Challenge: Gina's Post

Here we are, the last day of our challenge. If you haven't done so yet, this is your last chance at expressing your thoughts and win some great ViVa prizes. You have until 12am EST today to post your entry on THIS thread. Can't wait to see your work.

Today's inspiration are two stunning pages by Gina. Gina is one of our new CTMs who have quickly won our hearts both with her incredible art and great personality. Here is what she had to say.

_____________________________________



This is one I did last year and even though the shadowing isn't the best, I love this page as it really was my start to doing more graphic artsy type of pages. I have learned a lot of techniques since then and I am still learning more and more. I have very different styles and tastes in everything I do and like. From clothes to perfumes to music to my digi style. I love changing up my LO's depending on what mood I am in. This particular page I was going for sort of an Electric Company kind of feel to it. I guess this all stems from my early years in college when I took Advertising and Graphic Design as a major. I love anything funky and thought provoking. Hence my next page:



This was done as most of you know very recently. I just love this page so much as it is a page just for me and it features a few of my favorite things. I wanted this page to be very eclectic and random yet look real like it might be the backstage area for a theatre show. When I am not scrapping my children and I finally take time to scrap for just me, I love to think out of the box!

___________________________________________________

Hugs, Love and Good luck!
Vanessa and Vivienne

4 comments:

orachel said...

Oooh...I really like both of these. I can totally see the 'Electric Company' vibe in that first one! lol And the second...i didn't do that Digidare (assuming that's what this was for) since I don't carry a purse lately and never saw this before. REALLY love the style you've put together here...sort of a combination of hyperrealism and fantasy...very very cool!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [28 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

sascedar said...

Gina i've so enjoyed watching your layouts develop since you joined viva! these two examples are awesome, you've inspired me to try new things and step out of my box! gorgeous!

Eryn said...

Gina you know I think you are awesome!! These pages are amazing and the GSOs and other praises just prove it!!