Sunday, May 23, 2010

Defend Yourself Challenge: My Post

Hi everyone. I'm back today with my own take on our challenge. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, take a look here and hopefully play along with us ;)

I scrap according to feelings. I go through phases, sometimes I love my own pages, sometimes I hate them. I've done extractions, traditional, clean and simple, messy, blocked...you name it. But all of my pages carry "me" on them. They are a reflection of who I am, of what stage of my life I am in, of the hardships or joys I am going through.

Here's the layout I wanted to show you:

This page was done at a time when my girls first started to really play together. As I mentioned this to others, a lot of people would say "it's good now, but sisters are not usually close. Too much competition, bla, bla, bla". Well, I never had a sister. I have 3 brothers and we are all very close, but no sisters... I couldn't stop but hope from the bottom of my heart that my girls have with each other what I have with my own siblings. Could I have put the original picture of them holding hands on our driveway embelished by a bunch of pretty flowers? Yes. Would it be as symbolic of my feelings as this one? Definitely not. I would have lost the whole idea of them walking into the world, going far into their futures. Maybe separate at times, but ultimately together...

Now changing notes, but around the same topic, I'd like to show you this gorgeous printable freebie by Tammy Morrill (thanks Rachel for pointing it out). I think it fits our subject perfectly hehehe. Go on, grab it and don't forget to leave her some love :)


Thanks to everyone who have been playing along with us so far. I'm loving seeing all the entries. You rock! Can't wait to see more!
Hugs
-Vanessa

5 comments:

Eryn said...

Love your page Va!!

Tammy Morrill said...

Thanks so much for including my poster on your lovely site! :)

sunnie2004 said...

Way cool Vanessa I love what you created!!! Keep them coming ladies!!!

sascedar said...

I love your layouts Vanessa! Thanks for being such an inspiring leader of our little team, and making sure we all have the room to stretch our wings!

Karli-Marie said...

What a beautifully powerful layout! Not only is it pretty, and technically stunning, but it just exudes emotion. I loved hearing your thought process about the piece. Awesomely conveyed!