Friday, July 16, 2010

Some news

Well, first apologies for our newsletter with missing preview pages. I am not sure what happened as I had checked all the images and even now, it is intact. I resent the page with new images so I apologize for sending it twice.

Second, I just wanted to come on here to tell you what happened to me yesterday. My house which I had just moved into got broken in and he took my laptop and my DD's wallet which was lying on the dining room table. My neighbor happened to see this man driving away on a scooter/mo-ped but not in time. LUCKILY, nothing else was stolen and we were not home. He went in via the back door which is not locking properly unfortunately. So I am very sad and upset today. I was lucky in that I had most of the laptop's documents backed up. So strange, that I did the backup last week on a whim. I did lose a few things and all my bookmarks which had some important things I will have to re-create. I don't know when I will be getting another laptop since we were replacing the kids' desktop (which I am on now). DH is looking into this and he did get a locksmith to fix my door this morning so that I would feel safer. I am still a bit shocky over this. Anyway, thanks for letting me rant today!


Vivienne

3 comments:

Mumure said...

OMG!!I'm so sorry to hear this!!!
Send you love an dkisses
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lorena Digital Designs said...

I am so sorry to hear about the break-in. It is such a violation, isn't it? And, on top of that, to take your laptop which constitutes your life's work (after friends and family, of course). Our internet connection was down yesterday and we were saying just this morning how reliant we had become on it. He said I would probably melt and die if I were to lose it for any length of time! But I wanted to let you know that I understand, having experienced this myself. You are so fortunate to have been away and no one was hurt. That is the most important thing of all. P.S.: If you had any personally identifying information on the computer, best to change it. Lori

Wendy said...

I am so sorry, that is terrible! You Rant as much as you want! So glad you had most of your items backed up!