Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Stationary Box with Basic Grey


I love stationary boxes and I found this awesome box online and after quite a bit of searching, found some patterns and instructions.


You can find the tutorial HERE and the pdf pattern HERE and if you want, there is a video tutorial HERE.

My biggest problem was finding the paper I wanted in 12x12 size. The pattern for this box requires 12x12 sized paper and cardstock which is difficult to find here where I live. Basic Grey at the DigiChick to the rescue! I used the Phresh and Phunky set. I also wanted this box to be sturdier than cardstock. I had some stronger cardboard from a gift box and used that as the base. I constructed the box in the cardboard first. Because of my printer size limitations (A4 is my largest size, similar to letter size), I had to play a little with the printed paper and selected paper that was a bit easier to match up. It ended up being two A4 sheets of the striped paper for the box itself, one sheet of the circles paper for the top, and one sheet of the blue grunge for the inside. The only thing I can add to the tutorial above is that if you are covering boxes, like I did, cut the paper a little larger on the edges so that you can fold over to the inside for a better finish. Also, when constructing the box itself, use a really good glue and clothespins to help hold things together while glueing.

2 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Feb. 02, 2011. Thanks again.

Sandy_in_MD said...

Thanks for this great project. I agree with you on using the cardboard - I think it will be much more sturdy.