Wednesday, June 15, 2011

D Day...

Today we leave for Brazil. It's our first time flying with all 4 of the kids. I am really looking forward to the visit and spending our summer with family. The girls are beyond excited and have made plans that could last them a full year instead of 2 months. Alissa plans on going to school, taking ballet and piano lessons and "teaching" at my cousin's English school down there. She is the only kid I know that thinks about all this commitment over vacation. I might have to break it to her that she will be spending most of her time PLAYING like any other 7 year old. She might be disappointed LOL.

Maya on the other hand has already warned me that she will be getting just as spoiled as she did last year while there (last year they went just the two of them with my mom). She has asked me if I'm aware that "while she is in Brazil" she gets to watch a movie EVERYDAY and sleep wherever she wants (meaning sleepover at a cousins' house of her choice), and have gum everyday as well as carrot cake in the middle of the afternoon with rights to desert after dinner as well. Yeah, that's my 4 year old, she knows what she wants and she warns you ahead of time so you don't get any ideas of trying to spoil her fun.

In preparation for the trip I have spent the last week between packing and talking to Vi about what we could do to leave some stuff prepared. Packing went well, slowly but surely and now I sit here staring at 8 29" suitcases and thinking how are we going to deal with that plus a stroller plus 4 kids around. The big girls will be taking the train with my FIL to the airport tomorrow while we drive down with the babies and luggage, then FIL will drive the truck back. That was the only way we could make it there without taking multiple cars.

As far as ViVa goes... The two of us have worked like crazy the past few days and I don't know what I would do without that girl. The good news is that we HAVE gotten some cool stuff done and I'm ready to show you a little sneak peek at what is in store this week. The best part is that we are not alone. The girls at TDC have a surprise for you on Thursday and if you like our little preview here, you will be blown away about all the gorgeousness coming your way this Thursday.


So it's good-bye for now, I'm hoping to be working a bit while there but just enough to keep in touch. I want to enjoy my time with family but most of all relax. I gotta take advantage of all the free babysitting we will be getting kwim?

Hugs and more hugs.

-Va

2 comments:

Heather T. said...

Oh, I hope you have the most wonderfullest of times sweetie!!

sunnie2004 said...

Please have the most fabulous trip ever va!! xoxo and I will most certainly miss you woman! Have fun and be safe!