Thursday, November 17, 2011

About Giraffes, Tutorials and Freebies...

Today we have a brand new digital stamp set at The Digichick, Giraffes. Aren't they cute? All 3 of those guys were hand-drawn by the super talented Yvonne Banham and then made their way onto digital land by us. The stamps come in .abr, .png, and layered .psd and .tiff formats.



 For yet another idea of what to do with your digital stamps, I have put together a second video tutorial. This tutorial will show you an easy way to turn your digital stamps into a worn, distressed digital stickers. These stickers are a great way to add some grunge to your kit elements. They also work great for making artsy cards and well, just about anything else you set your mind to. Here is what my final stamp will look like:

To help you along the tutorial, I have created a set of distressed brushes that you can use for giving your digital stamps/stickers a worn look. (click image to download)



For this tutorial I have also used a texture from the very talented Caleb found at Lost and Taken.  His stuff is amazing, so make sure to go check him out!

And finally, here is the tutorial. Enjoy!



If you have any questions about this tutorial or freebie, please leave us a comment and we will get back to you ASAP. Hugs and happy creating!

11 comments:

Li' NaisyDaisy said...

tyvm for the inspration!!

AZK said...

Thanks for the tut...I need to get better at using brushes!

Maria's Craft said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [18 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Nov. 18, 2011. Thanks again.

MissVivi said...

Really awesome tip, and really understandable english for a little frenchy ! Thank you very much for this lesson! I come back, for sure !

Olivia said...

Thanks for the freebie! :)

Unica said...

Miss Vivi, thank you for the compliment I (Vanessa) am actually Brazilian. I'm tickled pink I sound French though hehe. I've always found French very romantic and sexy LOL...

deb said...

Thank you for the great tutorial and the distressing brush! :)

Christine said...

Really enjoyed watching your tutorial and cant wait to try out the new technique I have learnt. You mentioned that you have a set of brushes you normally use for distressing as a freebie, I have been searching and cannot find them. So I was wondering maybe they have now expired but if not and they are still available I would love to be able to download them if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks to you Christine

Christine said...

Thank you for the tutorial I really enjoyed this and look forward to trying this technique out soon. I notice you mentioned that you have a set of brushes which you normally use for distressing as a freebie. I have been searching for the download link but am unable to find it, so I guess it is possibly expired now, but if it is still available would love to be directed to it. Thank you Christine

Christine said...

Hi there

Just wanted to say I found the brushes, they were right under my nose but thanks anyway